There are many iterations of this all over the types of blogs I read regularly (blogs by women more or less my age, socially savvy, stylish, and always with at least one child. You know, grown ups.). I love myself some lists, and I got to thinking that it might be smart to gather all my whimsical goals into one list, so they’re not so given to whimsy. I think all of them are doable. And while “before 35” is a good goal, I won’t beat myself up if I don’t make it. I’m 32 now. Three years. I got this.
1. Have a baby.
2. Paint all of the rooms in the house (minus kitchen).
3. Refinish a piece of furniture (or two).
4. Make a quilt that is both beautiful (to me) and functional (to all).
5. Learn to paint with watercolors (at least a little).
5. Reupholster ottomans.
6. Make a raised bed garden in backyard (and grow some food).
7. Drink < 4 drinks a week.
8. Find a job with steady 9-5ish hours.
9. Make more than $40,000/year.
10. Visit Washington, DC with Kevin.
11. Knit vintage Christmas stocking like my grandma made.
12. Get wedding photos printed into a book.
13. Keep a houseplant alive for at least a year.
14. Pay off student loan in full.
15. Run a 5k.
16. Never wear hole-y underwear again.
17. Learn to do basic electrical wiring.
18. Learn to change a flat tire.
19. Ride my bike to work 2x a week, regardless of weather.
20. Roast a whole chicken.
21. Write a letter a month.
22. Attend a neighborhood meeting hosted by our alderman.
Save $50 per paycheck, every paycheck.
24. Go to an estate sale.
25. Swim laps in Lake Michigan.
Call my family twice a month.
27. Make it to onederland.
28. Go to the top of the Arch.
29. Get my vision checked.
Find a primary care physician and visit on the regular.
31. Learn to make a perfect negroni by heart.
32. Learn how to use Illustrator.
33. Throw a fantastic party.
34. Watch no TV one night a week.
35. Dance at the Green Mill.