There are many iterations of this all over the types of blogs I read regularly (blogs by women more or less my age, socially savvy, stylish, and always with at least one child. You know, grown ups.). I love myself some lists, and I got to thinking that it might be smart to gather all my whimsical goals into one list, so they’re not so given to whimsy. I think all of them are doable. And while “before 35” is a good goal, I won’t beat myself up if I don’t make it. I’m 32 now. Three years. I got this.
1. Have a baby.
2. Paint all of the rooms in the house (minus kitchen).
3. Refinish a piece of furniture (or two).
4. Make a quilt that is both beautiful (to me) and functional (to all).
5. Learn to paint with watercolors (at least a little).
5. Reupholster ottomans.
6. Make a raised bed garden in backyard (and grow some food).
7. Drink < 4 drinks a week.
8. Find a job with steady 9-5ish hours.
9. Make more than $40,000/year.
10. Visit Washington, DC with Kevin.
11. Knit vintage Christmas stocking like my grandma made.
12. Get wedding photos printed into a book.
13. Keep a houseplant alive for at least a year.
14. Pay off student loan in full.
15. Run a 5k.
16. Never wear hole-y underwear again.
17. Learn to do basic electrical wiring.
18. Learn to change a flat tire.
19. Ride my bike to work 2x a week, regardless of weather.
20. Roast a whole chicken.
21. Write a letter a month.
22. Attend a neighborhood meeting hosted by our alderman.
Save $50 per paycheck, every paycheck.
24. Go to an estate sale.
25. Swim laps in Lake Michigan.
27. Make it to onederland.
28. Go to the top of the Arch.
29. Get my vision checked.
Find a primary care physician and visit on the regular.
31. Learn to make a perfect negroni by heart.
32. Learn how to use Illustrator.
33. Throw a fantastic party.
34. Watch no TV one night a week.
35. Dance at the Green Mill.